Alessa (Mytyl), Guido (Tyltyl), Chimmy (Mytyl), Anton (Tyltyl)
Lynn Sherman as Tylette
Joel Trinidad as Night
Robie Zialcita (Tylo)
Trumpets President, Audie Gemora
Photos provided by Trumpets
The Bluebird of Happiness opens on September 27th at the Meralco Theater.
I can't wait!
- On its 23rd year, TRUMPETS, Asia's first professional gospel theater group known for its original Filipino musicals such as First Name, Pamilya Maleta, Fables & Parables, and blockbuster adaptations of classic tales like The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Joseph the Dreamer, and Little Mermaid, stages its big musical comeback “The Bluebird of Happiness”.
- Trumpets always comes up with material that is both entertaining and has a solid, eternal message that people can take with them in their journey through life.
ABOUT THE SHOW
- This brand new, proudly Filipino, musical adaptation of the Belgian play by Maurice Maeterlinck, with book & lyrics by Jaime del Mundo and music by Rony Fortich, is highly anticipated to have everything audiences love in a family show: delightful story, colorful characters, beautiful music, fantastic production design, brilliant staging, hearty laughs, touching moments and a valuable lesson.
- The show approximately has a 50-strong cast of children and adults including some of the most seasoned, award winning, and most reliable theater actors who have performed for local and international audiences.
- “The Bluebird of Happiness” soars at the Meralco Theater from September 27 to October 20, 2013. For tickets, contact the Trumpets office at 901-4364 or TicketWorld at 891-9999 or www.ticketworld.com.ph. For more details, Like the Official Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/
BluebirdbyTrumpets) and Follow the Official Twitter Account– (@TheBluebirdMNL)
Mytyl and Tyltyl are two poor children who embark on a magical adventure in search of a mythical creature called the bluebird of happiness. They are accompanied by their dog, their cat, and a candle in human form named "Light" who help them on their journey. Together, they explore wondrous and mysterious lands and meet interesting and enchanted characters in their quest for true happiness.
They visit "The Land of Memory" where they encounter their long dead grandparents, "The Palace of
Night" where nightmares and horrors creep from dark corners, "The Forest" filled with trees who have a grudge against humans, "The Land of Luxury" that holds all kinds of riches and bounty, and "The Land of the Future" where sadness is unknown and “The Graveyard” where they must face their worst fears. Despite of all the places they visit they end up where they started and find that the "Bluebird of Happiness" is right in their own home.
CHARACTERS (in order of appearance)
- Tyltyl – Anton Posadas / Guido Gatmaytan
- Mytyl – Alessa Zialcita / Chimmi Kohchet–Chua
- Mama Tyl - Mayen Bustamante–Cadd
- Berylune - Jennifer Villegas–dela Cruz
- Tylette - Lynn Sherman
- Tylo - Robie Zialcita
- Light - Carla Guevara–Laforteza
- Grandpa Tyl - Steve Cadd
- Grandma Tyl - Joy Virata
- Night - Joel Trinidad
- Father Time - Raymund Concepcion
ADULT ENSEMBLE (in alphabetical order)
- Peachy Atilano
- Ems Bolaños
- Carlos Canlas
- Steven Conde
- Leroy Dela Fuente
- David Shawn Delgado
- Pamela Imperial
- FJ Jorvina
- Charley Magalit
- Amiel Mendoza
- Jun Ofrasio
- Jay Pangilinan
- Tracy Santuyo
- Mark Tayag
- Kakki Teodoro
- Mabelle Bangayan-Ti
- Chino Veguillas
- Jaime del Mundo – Director / Book & Lyrics
- Rony Fortich – Music
- Mon Faustino – Musical Arrangement
- Mio Infante – Scenography
- John Batalla – Lighting Design
- GA Fallarme – Video Projection Design
- Myrene Santos – Hair & Make-up Design
- Sweet Plantado-Tiongson – Vocal Direction (plays Light in some performances)
- Nancy Crowe – Choreography
LINKS TO OUR ONLINE VIDEOS
Please use these hashtags for the show:
- Noted theater actors who have worked with Trumpets have this to say about the big musical comeback:
- Mechu Lauchengco-Yulo – “I think it's very exciting. I always look forward to original work. It really shows off how talented we Filipinos are."
- Franco Laurel – “I am really happy and excited that Trumpets is finally doing another original musical. Jaime and Rony will definitely give us a theatrical gem and I can't wait to see it come to life this September.”
- Joaquin Valdez – “Trumpets is the only production company that has successfully brought the stuff of dreams and fantasy to life. I don’t know of any other theater company that has matched the caliber Trumpets has introduced.”
- Jake Macapagal – "I am extremely proud of Trumpets’ line of successful adaptations. The reputation that Trumpets has for family entertainment and supporting the local scene with vibrant productions and storytelling is second to none."
Trumpets Big Musical Comeback to Teach True Meaning of Happiness
On its 23rd year, Trumpets, Asia's first professional gospel theater group, stages its big musical comeback, “The Bluebird of Happiness” which aims to teach its audience the valuable meaning of true happiness.
Trumpets is known for its blockbuster musicals for the whole family but other than providing entertainment value, Trumpets makes sure that every material they stage has an eternal message that audiences can take home with them.
To this day, people still have a never-ending desire for happiness and they go to great lengths to try and find it. In the recent media launch of the “The Bluebird of Happiness”, Audie Gemora, president of Trumpets says, “Nowadays, people do not know what will make them happy anymore, we seek material things and do crazy things that sometimes make us forget what is essential.” He adds, “Sometimes happiness is already staring at us in the face but sadly, we do not recognize it.” This is the reason why Trumpets sees the importance and timeliness of this show. “Everyone in this world is looking for happiness in one form or another and through this musical we hope that the audience sees themselves reflected in the lives of the central characters, Mytyl and Tyltyl.” says director Jaime del Mundo.
Based on the play by Maurice Maeterlinck, this brand new, proudly Filipino musical with book & lyrics by Jaime del Mundo and original music by Rony Fortich, “The Bluebird of Happiness” is highly anticipated to have everything audiences love in a family show: delightful story, colorful characters, beautiful music, fantastic production design, brilliant staging, hearty laughs, touching moments and most importantly, a valuable lesson.
It features an approximately 50-strong cast of notable actors including Mayen Bustamante-Cadd who plays Mama Tyl, the children’s mother; Lynn Sherman and Robie Zialcita as Tylette and Tylo, their pet cat and dog who are magically given human form to be their companions; Jennifer Villegas-dela Cruz as Berylune, the fairy who starts them on their quest for true happiness; Carla Guevarra-Laforteza as Light who provides illumination to their path; Joy Virata and Steve Cadd asGrandma Tyl and Grandpa Tyl, the children’s grandparents whom they meet in the Land of Memory; Joel Trinidad as Night, the dark villain who plots the children’s failure; and Raymund Concepcion as Father Time, whom they meet in the Land of the Future. Mytyl will be played by Alessa Zialcita and Chimmi Kohchet-Chua. Tyltyl will be played by Anton Posadas andGuido Gatmaytan.
Trumpets, with help from its friends from, Meralco, Sound Check, Imatech, PLDT, Ayala Malls, McDonald’s, Silya, Sound Design, Kink Cakes, and Canadian Bed Linens, bring to life the story of Mytyl and Tyltyl who go on a magical adventure to look for the bluebird of happiness. After visiting different worlds and fantastical characters along the way, they find that the bluebird is in their home all along. The show which runs from September 27 – October 20, 2013 is also made possible by valued media partners, BusinessWorld/HerWord.com, Northern Living, Philippine Star, 105.1 Crossover, 98.7 The Master’s Touch, 93.1 Monster Radio, Light TV, MYX, Velvet, BroadwayWorld.com, FemaleNetwork.com,SmartParenting.com.ph, and WhenInManila.com. Ticket inquiries can be coursed through 901-4364, 891-9999 orwww.ticketworld.com.ph. For more details, Like the Official Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/
BluebirdbyTrumpets) and Follow the Official Twitter Account– (@TheBluebirdMNL). #livemanila #TrumpetsBluebird
AN ORIGINAL TRUMPETS MUSICAL
based on the play by Maurice Maeterlinck